A post-trading, advanced risk metrics and portfolio monitoring web-based software for a leading financial services company
Client: Wedbush is a leading financial services company, which provides advanced trading technologies to automated traders and institutions and creating access to high-volume electronic trading markets.
Challenge: Watchdog is Wedbush's post-trading, advanced risk metrics, and portfolio monitoring software. Watchdog’s web-based interface allows clients to consume detailed risk metrics over their entire portfolios and also offers the following features:
- Advanced, real-time portfolio risk metrics analytics monitoring
- Simulated portfolio shock and scenario analysis
- Customized dashboards and risk views along with user-configurable alerts
Wedbush was looking to enhance the product by developing rich features with an intuitive UI/UX without compromising on performance.
Solution: SSI helped to redesign the user interface and user experience by collaborating with its team of financial engineers and identifying cutting edge tools and technologies best suited for its client base and end users. The major enhancements that SSI made were:
- Responsive: Software in its current state was not responsive hence SSI transformed the software to a responsive platform.
- Cross-Platform: It is now a cross-platform application and it can be reached to a wider audience and accessed by any device. Initially, it was designed only for Mac users.
- Analytics Revamp: SSI introduced dynamic and visual charting features enhancing the end user experience. The users can now perform data explorations and analysis on the fly through interactive dashboards and tools.
- Improved UI/UX: Designers at SSI created a cohesive style guide and ensured that a consistent design language is applied across the product for a seamless experience. Maintaining consistency in visual elements made the interface more intuitive for their end user.
Results: Watchdog’s features, functionalities, and performance was revamped due to custom enhancements performed by SSI. The platform has experienced an acceleration in usability and user interaction.
Tools & Technologies :