Last Updated November 2020
As the operators of the ssidecisions.com website, Strategic Systems International is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. This Privacy and Cookies Policy ("Policy") relates to services provided through our website and sets out the basis on which the personal data collected from you, or that you provide to Us will be processed by Us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how We will treat it.
For the purpose of, the General Data Protection Regulation ("GDPR"), from the GDPR implementation date or, until GDPR implementation date, the Data Protection Act 1998 (collectively the "Data Protection Laws"):
- in respect of the personal data of users of the Website the Data Controller and processor is Strategic Systems International.
- In respect of the personal data of candidates who apply for an opening the Data Controller is Strategic Systems International and data processor is Workable Software Limited.
Information we collect from you
We collect and process some or all of the following types of information from you:
Information that you provide by filling in forms on the ssidecisions.com website ("Website"). This includes information:
- by subscribing to a newsletter
- by applying for an open position
- by applying to a Sourcery academy
- we may also ask you for information when you report a problem with the Website
- by requesting further information or services
If you contact Us, We may keep a record of that correspondence.
We may also ask you to complete surveys that We use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
Details of all actions that you carry out through the Website and of the provision of services to you.
Details of your visits to the Website including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, the site that referred you to our site and the resources that you access.
We will inform you at the point of collecting information from you, whether you are required to provide the information to Us.
Uses made of your information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- to ensure that content from the Website is presented in the most effective
manner for you and for your computer.
- use the data provided by You only in a context that it was consented to
(to fulfil requested services by You)
Disclosure of your information
We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006 (where applicable). Where any such member of our group is outside the EU this transfer will be on the basis of a contract including the Model Contractual Clauses in accordance with the Data Protection Laws.
In general, we will not disclose, sell or transfer any data collected by us to any third party (except stated below).
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- if we or substantially all of our assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by us about our customers will be one of the transferred assets;
- if we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation or in order to enforce or apply our Website Terms and Conditions and other agreements, but we will endeavour to minimise such disclosure to only that reasonably necessary and, where possible, to provide you with notice of such disclosure;
How we store your personal data
We take appropriate measures to ensure that all personal data is kept secure including security measures to prevent personal data from being accidentally lost, or used or accessed in an unauthorised way, for the duration of your use of our Services. We limit access to your personal data to those who have a genuine business need to know it. Those processing your information will do so only in an authorised manner and are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
We also have procedures in place to deal with any suspected data security breach. We will notify you and any applicable regulator of a suspected data security breach where We are legally required to do so.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to the Website, therefore any transmission remains at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features in order to prevent unauthorised access.
Keeping your personal data up to date
If your personal details change you may update them by contacting Us using the contact details below.
We will endeavour to update your personal data within thirty (30) days of any new or updated personal data being provided to Us, in order to ensure that the personal data We hold about you is as accurate and up to date as possible.
Where we store your personal data
The data that We collect from you and process as a result of your use of the Services may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the European Economic Area ("EEA"). It may also be processed by staff operating outside the EEA who work for Us or for one of our suppliers. Such staff maybe engaged in, among other things, the fulfilment of your orders, the processing of your payment details and the provision of support services. By submitting your personal data, you agree to this transfer, storing or processing.
In particular, your data may be accessible to i) Strategic Systems International's staff in the USA or ii) may be stored by Strategic Systems International's hosting service provider on servers in the USA as well as in the EU. The USA does not have the same data protection laws as the EEA. We will put all the efforts to protect your data in a same manner
as in EEA.
How long we keep your personal data
We will hold all the data only for a period that is required to fulfil our obligations.
Your personal information will be deleted on one of the following occurrences:
- receipt of a written request by you to us
Under the General Data Protection Regulation you have a number of important rights free of charge. In summary, those include rights to:
- access to your personal data and to certain other supplementary information that this Policy is already designed to address
- require Us to correct any mistakes in your information which We hold
- require the erasure of personal data concerning you in certain situations
- receive the personal data concerning you which you have provided to Us, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and have the right to transmit those data to a third party in certain situations
- object at any time to processing of personal data concerning you for direct marketing
If you would like to exercise any of those rights, please:
- contact us using our Contact details below
- let Us have enough information to identify you,
- let Us have proof of your identity. Receipt of an email from an address that was used to submit data will usually be sufficient to confirm your identity
- let Us know the information to which your request relates.
Third Party Websites
How to complain
We hope that We can resolve any query or concern you raise about our use of your information.
The General Data Protection Regulation also gives you right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority, in particular in the European Union (or European Economic Area) state where you work, normally live or where any alleged infringement of data protection laws occurred.
IP Addresses and cookies
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration, customer support and to collect aggregate information for internal reporting purposes.
The cookies we use are "analytical" cookies. Some of the common uses for our cookies are as follows:
- to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around the site when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our Website works, for example by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
- to identify and authenticate a user across different pages of our Website, within our own Website, in a session or across different sessions. This is so that the user does not need to provide a password on every page the user visits; and
- to be able to retrieve a user's previously stored data, for example, information that the user previously submitted to the Website, so as to facilitate reuse of this information by the user.