Client: Wedbush Securities Inc. is a Los Angeles based provider of securities brokerage and investment banking services. The company offers mergers and acquisitions, valuation, leveraged and management buyouts, private placements, initial and secondary public equity offerings, fairness opinions, and strategic partnerships advisory services.
Challenge: Watchdog is Wedbush's post-trading, advanced risk metrics and portfolio monitoring software. Watchdog’s web based interface allows clients to consume detailed risk metrics over their entire portfolios and also offers the following features:
- Advanced, real-time portfolio risk metrics analytics monitoring
- Simulated portfolio shock and scenario analysis
- Customized dashboards and risk views along with user configurable alerts
The client was looking to enhance the product by developing rich features with an intuitive UI/UX without compromising on performance.
Solution: SSI helped redesign the user interface and user experience by collaborating with its team of financial engineers and identifying cutting edge tools and technologies best suited for its client base and end users .The major enhancements include:
- Responsiveness: Lime’s software in its current state was not responsive hence SSI transformed the software to a responsive platform.
- Cross-Platform: Watchdog is now a cross-platform application and it can be reached to a wider audience and accessed by any device. Initially it was designed only for Mac users.
- Analytics Revamp: SSI introduced dynamic and visual charting features enhancing the end user experience. The users can now perform data explorations and analysis on the fly through interactive dashboards and tools.
- Improvements in UI/UX: Both these elements were crucial to Watchdog’s product and they are interrelated. Designers at SSI enhanced the UI design by making compelling and aesthetically pleasing interfaces that connect with Lime’s customers. Similarly we developed enhanced UX designs of the product by adopting approach of customer experience research, competitor analysis, prototype and quality testing.
Result: SSI helped to connect Wedbush's Watchdog business goals to user’s needs through the process of testing and refining use experience and interface to a level which satisfies both sides of the relationship.
Tools and Technologies: