Senior Software Engineer
About The Position
Do you have what it takes to manage complicated, global, open-source infrastructure?
Potential candidates will join a highly-skilled team, and will need to be familiar with emerging technologies in the field and make decisions regarding the use of those technologies at Armis. Providing 100% uptime is considered a success (including during maintenance periods) and quick, automatic provisioning of resources while maintaining constant system reliability. Working closely with developers, QA engineers, architects, system, operations engineers and product.
- Build and maintain highly available and scalable production systems.
- Manage core production systems, including frequent changes and updates.
- Rapidly identify and resolve problems in production systems.
- Handle complex service faults.
- Develop tools to improve our pipeline.
- Improve technologies and processes while maintaining a rapid delivery cycle.
- Provide support during off hours (nights and weekends) when necessary.
- At least 3 years experience managing and maintaining Linux servers in a global, multi-server environment.
- Experience writing Python, Groovy and Bash scripts.
- Practical experience using Ansible and Docker.
- Experience configuring Amazon Web Services or similar cloud-based platforms.
- Familiarity with Elasticsearch
- Kubernetes experience preferred
- Prior work experience in an Internet/SaaS company.
- Experience with virtualization systems.